Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in amazing games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim, and is one of the most played video game in the world. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator under Business Operations, you need to be a brilliant and organized executor, capable of reviewing, interpreting, administering, and managing contract and purchase agreements, and be able to process them into into our procurement systems for execution. You will work directly with Riot’s Infrastructure teams responsible for AWS, Data Centers, and Connectivity worldwide to execute on their purchases, coordinate the physical delivery, and eventually processing the subsequent invoice approvals. You may work closely with Legal, Accounts Payable, Finance, and product owners to quarterback the purchasing process with submissions into Coupa on behalf of the business. You will thoroughly review and obtain approval for invoices, and request purchase change orders. You will monitor the logistics operations for receivables by being a subject matter expert on purchases in flight across our global infrastructure. Your educational background, negotiating savviness, intellectual curiosity, unbridled ambition, procurement process prowess, and keen eyesight for contractual details will be critical to success in this role.
- Support the product finance team and product owners to execute a PO by coordinating deliverables, completing process documentation, and removing bottlenecks across the multi-disciplinary stakeholders to ensure a seamless purchase-to-pay process.
- Provide assistance to the Product, Initiative or Discipline in making the right purchase, at the right time and for the right cost. This includes supporting the creation of project visibility notices (PVNs) and stewarding the approval process when necessary.
- Submit supplier setup requests for enabling new vendors, submit contract requests to league on behalf of the business, and handle purchase request, orders, and changes.
- Provide monthly purchasing summaries to purchase requestors, product owners and product finance partners on approved invoices, and related reports available from our purchasing systems.
- Work with other purchasing agents to ensure a consistent approach to purchasing at Riot.
- Own inventory tracking and audits for inflight purchases until received, and monitor the associated shipping and logistics.
- Receive, check and eventually dispute telecommunications monthly invoices. Making sure they are paid on time.
- Keep our telecom invoice tracker up to date
- Educated and experienced: you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or equivalent supply chain / logistics management experience - you’ve spent 2-4 years in a fast-paced, high volume transaction processing environment and understand contractual business lingo, financial forecasting, capital and operating expenses, and accruals.
- A systems pro: You have 2-4 years of experience using enterprise purchasing systems such as Coupa, ServiceNow, or iProcurement, with direct buying experience related to data center, connectivity, and server hardware and software.
- Humble: You’re intellectually curious, always willing to admit what you don’t know; you’re unafraid of asking questions that ensure alignment with leadership.
- Analytically-minded: like a seasoned scientist, you examine contracts under a microscope; you seek out the fine-print “gotchas,” that may delay execution of the PO, or subsequent delays once ordered until delivered. Can manage a complex system and process of interdependent parts and still navigate a sustainable path through.
- A communications virtuoso: from written and verbal communication to messenger pigeon, your communications are well-meant and well-understood.
A team player: Dependable, flexible and always contributing, you’re all about working alongside other knowledgeable, fast-moving pros.