A growing manufacturing company in northern Lancaster County has a direct hire career opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Manager. This role is responsible for leading a team of Buyers for the Procurement of a diverse range of materials to support the manufacture of complex electronic and mechanical system elements. It oversees all proposal material costing, strategic supplier development, and supplier management. It provides leadership and establishes and maintains initiatives in the areas of continuous improvement, process development, employee development, corporate policy development, and flexible solutions management.
- Low cost medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plan
- Short-term disability insurance at minimal cost
- Free life insurance & long term disability insurance & Employee Assistance Program
- Profit Sharing Plan - quarterly payout based upon achievement of company goals
- Stock Ownership - company is 100% owned by the employees
- 401K Retirement Plan with discretionary company match
- Wellness Committee & Gym Membership assistance
- PTO / Vacation
- Ensure procurement aligns with the company’s mission and strategic goals
- Mentor and lead procurement team to achieve high performance.
- Develop new sources, leverage cost and delivery and quality elements.
- Achieve Corporate Metrics relating to procurement.
- Develop and maintain a competitive, competent supply chain
- BS/BA in Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years managing a purchasing team (manufacturing/ electronics preferred)
- Engaged team leadership approach embracing organizational empowerment.
- Strong numerical and analytic reasoning capability.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to get along with a diverse workforce and interface with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities that can change quickly.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, ERP systems, and databases.
Apply now for consideration!