About MSI. Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of Premium Surfaces including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI’s product offering includes an extensive selection of granite, marble, porcelain, ceramic, quartz, glass, quartzite, and other natural stone products headquartered in Orange, California. MSI also maintains distribution centers across the United States and Canada. MSI’s product line is imported from over 36 different countries on six continents bringing the very best products to the North American Market. The company maintains an inventory of over 125 million square feet of material. For more information on MSI, visit: www.msistone.com
We provide our employees with great benefits that feature programs like employee medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k contribution (up to 4% of your base salary), as well as vacation time.
MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Purchasing Planner Assistant in our Orange, CA location.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
- Facilitates entire purchasing process including preparing purchase orders, pricing analysis and assessment, and receipt of goods.
- Responsible for adjusting shipments and verifies proper documentation was provided for the containers.
- Submits claims to report the incorrect products that were received and sends the claim to the vendor.
- Verifies pricing, materials and PO’s for each container.
- Follows-up with vendors in regards to the quality of the materials in each container.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards contract to bidders or places orders with suppliers or mail order firms.
- Manages purchases with existing vendors and current products.
- Analyzes total cost of items purchased.
- Partners with suppliers on deliveries of orders.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Coordinates with branches, buyers, merchants and overseas purchasing offices.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- Prepares sales brochures and other materials needed.
- Conducts physical inventory for the products.
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
- Recent college graduate from a top tier university or with 1-2 years of experience in a creative and/or quantitative field.
- Excellent academic achievements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Familiarity with merchandising concepts, practices and procedures a plus.
- Bilingual English, Mandarin or Spanish a plus.
- Must have intermediate to advance Excel Skills.
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
You can learn more about us online at www.msistone.com or submit your resume at https://www.msistone.com/careers/search?ln=Orange%2C+CA+Headquarters
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.