At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: This position is primarily responsible for recognizing value of items being purchased for the division; negotiates and closes deals with subcontractors and other vendors for the division and follows through with accurate contracts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiates, closes, produces and follows up on subcontractor and vendor contracts.
- Organizes and maintains material bids and takeoffs for each product; maintains bid books.
- Prepares Purchase Orders and cost sheets for job starts; generates all POs and UPOs.
- Performs cost per square foot and budget comparisons.
- Prices out all addendum requests for price.
- Maintains contract options (cost and retail).
- Prepares closing cost information.
- Sets up rebate schedule for each job.
- May conduct subcontractor orientations.
- May monitor and distribute blueprints.
- May supervise vendor set-ups.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient computer skills (especially Excel, Word and Access) .
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- General knowledge of construction.
- Typical office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.
No agencies please.