Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON?” Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Purchasing Team Lead Manager is the integrated supply person responsible for the Smithfield operations team.
- Manage purchasing for the Smithfield operations team.
- Act as the main point of contact in integrating and communications of sourcing activities
- Manages EDI payment failures to not exceed $250M
- Manage inventory and assist plants with Inventory turns to achieve assigned goals
- Conduct cross functional plant ideation sessions
- Manage corrective action plans for supply shortages
- Lead cross functional teams as required and assist the business in sourcing requirements and changes.
- Conduct weekly plant purchasing manager meeting to identify any issues at our facilities that need additional support.
- Support and regularly attend cross functional Marketing, Business meetings and provides input on business strategy.
- Support and regularly attend cross-functional R&D meetings to assist in development and implementation of new products or product changes.
- Support and regularly attend weekly/monthly supplier update meetings.
- Support and initiate cost savings projects impacting plants.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills.
- Experience working in a Plant environment, strongly preferred
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of SAP, DSP, PMDM, Esker and Blue graphics/art process, preferred.
- Ability to make proper business decisions to ensure operations are not adversely affected.
- Ability to communicate and express ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Requires travel, up to 30% of the time.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits