Work in AWS. Solve challenging problems. Create innovative solutions customers actually use.
Do you long to be a part of something big — with customer views that triple year over year — something that has an impact on millions, maybe even billions someday?
Gallup is seeking a talented developer to help build out exciting new products and maintain our core software platform, which is a combination of web applications and a data processing/analytics platform. In addition to developing, enhancing and maintaining applications in AWS using relational, NoSQL, Java 8, Python and additional specialized databases, you will troubleshoot and identify root causes of complex technical issues. You will also collaborate with internal partners to anticipate challenges, mitigate risks, and track and monitor trends to proactively solve problems. Your expertise will play a critical role in providing the exceptional service that Gallup’s clients expect from us.
From working on projects that focus on wellbeing, strengths and engagement to developing systems that allow us to analyze what the world is thinking, our IT teams spend their days developing technology that changes the world. Join us as we continue building our world-class flagship platform, Gallup Access , where we offer the best advice and analytics available.
What you need:
- Five+ years of professional software development experience
- Three+ years of experience working in Python
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud technologies and boto3 library preferred
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python and multiprocess architecture
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Django or Flask preferred
- Experience with libraries such as pandas, numPy, sciPy, scikit-learn preferred
- Knowledge of version control and build tools such as Git, Github, IntelliJ and Jira preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or a related field or the equivalent in education and experience required
What we offer:
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to work in the latest technology stacks
- Flexible and casual work culture
- Highly tenured mentors and engaged coworkers and partners
- World-class managers who guide and empower associates based on their unique skills and strengths
- A beautiful downtown office that sits on the Missouri River and boasts 50 acres of land
- On-site benefits, including state-of-the-art child development center, cafeteria, federal credit union and workout facility
Why Omaha?Welcome to the Silicon Prairie, where inventors, investigators and technology innovators call home. Located in the middle of America, Omaha is the hub of our nation’s fiber work. Consistently ranking on Forbes’ list of best U.S. cities to raise a family, this Midwestern mecca of technology offers everything from creativity and community to economic stability and affordable living.
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.