Job Title: Q-53 Radar Field Service Representative (FSR)Division: Logistics Support ServicesLocation: Syracuse, New York (There are multiple work sites)
Applicants must be a US citizen and possess a US DOD Secret level security clearance. A valid US Passport is also required.
Formerly trained for operator and/or maintainer proficiencies in support of US Army FireFinder RADAR sets.
Previous Government test support is desired but is not required. Selected individuals will be trained at the OEM facility located in Syracuse, NY with additional training provided in Yuma, AZ and Fort Sill, OK. After training period, FSRs will be expected to provide over-the-shoulder-training and coaching to Army units in receipt of the EQ53. FSRs will be required to provide hands on support for the EQ53 at Army locations throughout the United States, Europe and the Pacific area of responsibility. FSRs will deploy to either Iraq or Afghanistan with assigned Army unit.
FSRs will be operating from Forward Operating Bases (FOB) and in some cases, Forward Repair Areas (FRA). FSRs assigned to FOBs must be able to provide:
- Over-the-shoulder training of Army gaining Units in the operation of the radar and limited Operator maintenance
- Maintenance of the Radar system to insure the required operational availability
- All supply chain operations in support of radar maintenance
- Collection and supply of all required data to support Army reporting requirements
- Reporting of any issues or concerns
- Senior FSRs working out of FRAs will provide supervision to all FOB FSRs and coordination of all support activity in their respective theater of operation. FRA FSRs will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting and repair of failed Octapacks, SDP and Exciter/Receiver units
- Inventory control
- Interaction with MAXIMO for system configuration management and tracking. Spares management, stockage and storage
- Coordinator and acquisition of all required data to satisfy Army reporting requirements
- Supervision of all field FSRs
- Response to emergency requirements
- Assisting FSRs in the field as required
- Training of Army gaining Units
- Briefing to Army senior personnel on program status and issues
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in AN/TPQ36 or AN/TPQ37 radar system operations, fielding, supportability and maintenance
- Knowledge and understanding of radar theory, radar design, field testing, and electro-mechanicalmaintenance analysis, including troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair/replace techniques, and documentation. A working knowledge of Army logistics and supply procedures is desirable.
- Must be able to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more unassisted
- FSRs will also possess the ability to assist and provide input for development and publication of training, maintenance, and logistics publications and possess field engineering and equipment fielding experience in support of defense programs. FSRs will be asked to validate and make recommended changes to future operator manuals in support of the EQ53.
JBM is a small veteran owned business. JBM is an Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Please visit the Careers section of our website, https://jobs-gojbm.icims.com/jobs/intro and submit your resume for consideration. Please provide a salary requirement or range in U.S. dollars.
J.B. Management, Inc. (JBM) is a veteran-owned business offering a broad array of services and products to both the Federal Government and commercial customers worldwide. Known as both pioneers and practitioners, JBM provides our clients with Planning and Analysis, Training, Sustainment, Integration, Fielding, Software Development, and Systems Engineering support. We are JBM - Smart Solutions For Those We Serve
JBM offers a highly-competitive compensation and benefits package. In 2012, JBM was named one of the "Best Places to Work in Virginia" by Virginia Business Magazine and Best Companies Group. JBM is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this career opportunity, visit our Career Center at http://www.gojbm.com/careers.php. Please include a current resume and your salary requirements. Thank you for your interest in employment with JBM.
Physical Demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Office type environment with temperature control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
DISCLAIMER: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.