Patterson Companies, a Fortune 500 company, is hiring a QA Analyst I for our Effingham, IL location. This role will report to a Lead QA Analyst.
As part of the dental software quality team, this role will be primarily focused on supporting our Eaglesoft product.
The selected candidate will write test plans, perform test execution, and track defects using the defined QA tools, processes, and methodology. They will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in initiatives.
Patterson Companies Inc. (Nasdaq: PDCO) is a value-added distributor focused on providing best-in-class products, services, technology and experiences to dental and animal health markets in North America and the U.K. Additional offerings include: software and equipment sales and services, practice design and management solutions, patient and staff education, regulatory compliance, and technology support and expertise from the Patterson Technology Center.
Main responsibilities of this position include:
- Adhere to established Patterson QA standards for Quality Assurance Process and Methodology
- Collaborate with Software Engineers regarding feature design
- Analyze design documents to create test plans per project
- Create quality test plan documentation that can be reviewed and utilized for other QA resources to direct test execution
- Execute test scenarios using existing documentation
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications, in partnership with Level II and III QA Analysts
- Perform issue tracking, reporting and resolution of issues found during testing
- Provide regular status as directed throughout the release cycle to the appropriate leadership and Development team members
- For regulated products, will follow regulatory requirements for software development/testing and provide needed documentation
- Associate’s degree with emphasis on Computer Science, IT or related QA field or equivalent software experience
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Exercise best judgment on identifying the severity of issues
- Showcase a professional attitude and respect for processes and procedures
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in quality assurance and testing applications
- Knowledge of Patterson Products
- Experience with Eaglesoft
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.