If interested please send an updated resume to email@example.com
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Test Analyst - Staff
A. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Briefly state the chief objective of this position and age group(s) to be served (if applicable):
The Quality Assurance Test Analyst – Staff, under general supervision, is responsible for carrying out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end user requirements. These responsibilities include tasks such as: thorough testing of application modifications as well as new functionality to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects; documenting and working to resolve problems and reporting progress on ticket testing status to management. Executes test plans using identified workflows and recommends any quality improvements.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire:
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) certification - PREFERRED
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for continued employment including CPR, etc.:
Must obtain ISTQB certification within 1 year of employment.
Level and type of experience REQUIRED :
Three to six years of related experience
Level and type of experience PREFERRED:
Minimum of 3 years overall experience in IT or healthcare. Testing experience.
Electronic Medical Record experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business or related field or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Describe independent action(s) required:
Demonstrate effective intermediate interpersonal communication skills including: ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully, active listening skills (listening for understanding, asking clarifying questions, and allowing others to speak without interrupting), deep organizational skills and attention to detail, a professional attitude, and team focus. Proven ability to establish solid, positive working relationships with team members. Demonstrated ability to independently determine testing approach, write and execute test plans to ensure thorough test coverage.
Describe supervisory responsibilities (if applicable): N/A
Additional position requirements such as shift rotations, weekends, environment, etc. : N/A
B. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check all Essential Physical Requirements that Apply to this Position)
Climbing (steps, ladder, other)
Fast pace environment
Able to handle multiple priorities
Frequent and intense customer interactions
Able to adapt to frequent change
Age Specific Groups Served:
C. Position Specific Competency and Performance Expectations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performance Expectation: Testing Process
- Performs static analysis of the change by reading provided documentation and being keenly attentive to the details provided in the specification documentation.
- Collaborates with build analyst at the start of testing – reviews change, elicits needed information by asking clarifying questions and uses critical thinking skills and analysis to understand the change and the scope of testing required.
- Independently develops a test plan with test cases that ensure thorough test coverage for all identified workflows using appropriate position logins.
- Executes test plans in a systematic and methodical manner.
- Execution of test plans is documented clearly and succinctly; testing outcomes are communicated to build analyst and clinical informaticist.
- Able to skillfully execute test scripts for regression and integration testing.
- Under general supervision of senior level tester, able to create and update regression and integration test scripts for new or modified functionality.
- Performance Expectation: Systems Knowledge
- Understands and able to broadly apply database and client/server principles, theories and concepts.
- Understands both the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Understands that major integration points within a system are possible points of failure and tests accordingly.
- Rudimentary knowledge of integration with systems (such as IDX registration & billing).
- Committed to educational development of greater system knowledge through attendance at webinars, uCern classes, and other industry related offerings.
- Able to apply testing processes and principles across varying systems.
- Performance Expectation: Project Contributions
- Work with the testing lead to develop accurate test estimates.
- Contribute to the development of key performance indicators to measure project success.
- With the business analyst, develop test matrices to map the requirements to test plans/scripts.
- Share knowledge of current workflows & integrated functions with the project team.
- Support analysis of defects and possible impact on delivery of requirements to business.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178