Government Court has a need for 2 Jr. level Application Testers supporting the Department of Technology Services. Must be LOCAL as there are face to face interviews. Work is to be onsite in Rockville, MD. Could become perm after 6 months or most likely will extend.
*Must be local candidates who can interview in person**
Scope of Work:
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the team of individuals responsible for creating and executing test cases/scripts.
- Assist in the development of test scenarios, test cases/scripts, test case automation, test execution, and validation of results.
- Assist with developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of a quality software application.
- Meet with Court Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) during the process of developing test cases/scripts.
- Create test cases/scripts with expected results that track back to each business process or requirement.
- Perform testing of complex Court Case Management System from a functional and data perspective.
- Document issues that arise from data review and functional testing, using issue tracking system, and report issues to the rest of the data
review and functional testing team.
- Capturing and maintaining artifacts resulting from automation test management tool.
- Assist the data review and functional testing team with providing quality training on data review and functional testing procedures to Court
- Design testing templates for Court SMEs to use during data review and functional testing.
- Attend all project meetings to gain knowledge of the project and ask appropriate questions about data review and functional testing.
- Ability to review and understand Requirements Documentation and Business Process Flowcharts to assist with the creation of test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts.
- Strong skills with writing manual test cases and test scenarios in Gherkin Language.
- Experience with quality assurance and data validation testing as it relates to a large-scale data conversion/migration.
- Strong automation skills with writing scripts from scratch for regression testing.
- Hands-on experience with UFT and Ruby with VB scripting/Ruby languages.
- Designing, building, and developing a robust automation framework.
- Strong knowledge of SQL scripts to automate backend testing.
- Experienced in testing rules engine and understanding business rules.
Required Qualifications to be Successful in this Role:
- 3-5 years in quality assurance, test strategy, test planning, and test execution
- Thorough working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), IT systems and processes, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects.
- Thorough working knowledge of developing, maintaining, and executing test strategies/plans/cases.
- Experience detailing test plans, test cases, tracking issues, and reporting status to various levels of the project organization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective writing skills to communicate to internal team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience of 3-5 years.
- Prior experience in a Court/Legal environment.
- Superior organizational skills to work with a vast array of information.
- Ability to maintain own workload and meet deadlines.
- Confidence working through testing issues.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team of internal and external resources.
- Thrive in a team environment.
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint and the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.