LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking a QA Automation Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity with our client in downtown Chicago, IL!
The QA Automation Engineer will:
- Create framework for automated test suites as well as running and maintaining these suites.
- Communicate issues and possible causes through defect reports to team management for resolution.
- Provide timely and accurate testing reports to Application Development Manager.
- Coordinate and prepare testing documentation for User Acceptance Testing.
- Research and keep up to date on testing trends and industry best practices.
- Integrate test automation into existing CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps.
- Prepare test data for test script execution.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
- 5+ years total experience in quality assurance &/or application development with minimum 2 years experience in QA automation engineering
- Experience with automation tools (preferably inlcuding JMeter/BlaseMeter & Selenium Web Driver)
- Ability to document and execute manual test scripts
- Ability to work in SQL, including authoring complex queries, extract data, and manipulate data for testing purposes
- Ability to work with backend developers and basic understanding of C#
- Strong knowledge of both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall development methodologies
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.