Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position is the Quality interface with an individual Business unit, connecting Quality with Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales & R&D. Key areas of responsibility include commercialization, consumer complaint improvement plans, supporting enabler activities and providing technical leadership to Quality Programs. The individual will identify and work with business to address food safety / quality risk, gaps and opportunities for new products, enablers, reformulations, programs, processes & systems. This person plays a critical role in developing documentation, processes and programs needed for such as food safety / quality risk assessments, specifications, on line sampling, checks, defect standards & training to ensure high level Quality. This position will ensure that CSC Global Quality and local Policies are adhered to. Individual will influence management on alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and Plant project plans. Individual will direct and deploy Quality Assurance programs across plants, functional areas, and influence plant leadership with quality best practices.
1) Strong Partnership & linkage with PD, Marketing, and Operations on new product commercialization, Product Quality improvement & enabler programs.
2) Facilitation & Technical Lead for the analysis of consumer trends and data, consumer complaint programs, sales inquiries, outline comprehensive plans, product reviews and competitive benchmarking to improve Consumer Satisfaction.
3) Facilitate and drive key Quality programs, internal and external audit requirements, manage, create product quality programs assuring adherence to Design and Execution.
4) Provide insight and support in the development, implementation and ongoing tracking of appropriate Quality performance KPI’s.
5) Provide direction & support to plant and corporate Quality and project teams.
6) Influence management to ensure alignment of quality strategies, annual objectives, and project plans.
Primary Responsibilities include
- Manage product formula, special batch, temp note and deviation approval for the business.
- Develop & create new documentation needed for any new or existing commercialization process.
- Oversee and improve quality aspects of special batches and new product launches by complying with commercialization process. Drives food safety/quality risk assessments, participation in planning/execution and reviewing required samples and data, determining proper specifications and ensuring execution of specifications.
- Guide New Product trials by establishing Process Baselines, Quality attributes desirable ranges/targets and ensure Process compliance and sustainability.
- Stay abreast of product quality through product reviews and quality assurance program, working with PD, Sales and Marketing.
- Leads investigation of in-plant quality incidents (foreign material, food safety and quality nonconforming product), Sales and consumer complaints, identifying root causes and facilitating corrective action with plant teams.
- Cross-train in other QA tasks to function as back-up to QA team members.
BS Food Science Degree or related Science degree
8-10 years in food industry
- Expert abilities and decision making for Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality challenges.
- Strong knowledge of Product processing.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with urgency via prioritization and program management skills.
- Capable of influencing development steps used in the Innovation and Commercialization process to leverage design in achieving consumer safety and quality objectives (example; Food Safety Plan Assessment), drives improvement of consumer based specification
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, Systems, and Quality Policies, with skills and ability to execute against requirements.
- Strong knowledge and general business acumen to support and influence Marketing and R&D.
- Capable of engaging other businesses unit quality in development and standardization of; Quality manuals, policies, procedures, and data templates, audit standards and procedures, and Quality Key Performance Indicators.
- Knowledgeable in Statistical Process Control programs, Design of Experiment and Process capability studies
- Ensures plant personnel & staff are technically capable of handling non-routine quality system issues and that issues are investigated, documented, and resolved.
- Ability to drive organizational alignment on Quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset, and the adaptation of structure, processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
- Record of leadership and demonstrated success in collaborative development, documentation, planning, and implementation and continuous improvement of quality systems.
- Assertive, yet collaborative. Demonstrated skills influencing components of the company, tough-mindedness, vision, and political savvy to manage internally and externally.
- Dedicated work habits, takes initiative, sets high standards
- Ability to manage, coach and develop people, talent and skills.
- Ability to demonstrate & execute against leadership behaviors.
- Strong business partnering and relationship management skills
Located in Hanover, Pennsylvania or Salem, Oregon
20-30 % travel
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.