QA Engineer 3 (Manual)
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superiors on unusual matters. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. This role has considerable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. This individual conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Writes areas of test automation code.
- Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Coordinates with users to plan user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented, and all problems are resolved using a Continuous Delivery model
- Understands and identifies the root causes of problems; thinks abstractly on how solve these problems
- Participates with the test lead to identify the test methodologies and test harness that the team will use
- Develops and maintains up-to-date industry skills in quality assurance and test automation
- Works with others in the group and in the department the processes and technologies, as well as the appropriate areas in which they should be applied
- Determines creative, innovative, and cost-effective ways to meet requirements and deliverables
- Works as an effective team member, producing the best out of each engineer through example
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com