QA Engineer 4 (Auto & Manual)
12-24 month contract
The Missionary Work portfolio is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer contractor to join the Missionary Work Cloud Migration team. The Missionary Work Cloud Migrationteam is laying the groundwork for and moving existing applications to Amazon AWS services to enable the long-term success of missionary efforts of the Church and to support the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The hired contractor will manually validate applications as they are re-worked to fit a cloud architecture and will be expected to write areas of system automation. The Missionary Work portfolio in ICS provides a wide range of applications that support missionary work throughout the world. We work in a fast-paced, agile, cutting-edge work environment.
This is a contract position that is responsible for testing products, applications and solutions, and reviews progress with management. This individual conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. They understand and communicate the non-functional requirements which are necessary for successful product operation. This role consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. This individual also makes recommendations for new procedures and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Writes significant areas of test automation code
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented
- Manages defect management systems. Understands impacts of defects across multiple systems. Prioritizes defects accurately
- Drives the creation, maintenance and use of test case management tools and security testing tools within a project group, interprets results and implements changes. Provides the integrated reporting of automated test case run results.
- Creates and communicates testing procedures and expectations related to metric reporting across multiple teams and stakeholders. Implements test procedure based on identified risks
- Drives the creation, maintenance and use of tools within a project group and implements changes that support changes in system performance management
- Ensure regression test plans are implemented and maintained
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com