QA Engineer 4
12-24 month contract
The Quality Assurance Engineer 4 is responsible for testing products, applications and solutions, and reviews progress with management. Typically, they provide the leadership for the other quality assurance engineers supporting the product. They understand and communicate the non-functional requirements which are necessary for successful product operation.
This role consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. This individual also makes recommendations for new procedures and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. The candidate must be very proactive in seeking solutions to challenges whether they require code changes, database changes, or architecture changes.
Our engineers lead the Quality Assurance effort on every project and take part in all of the decisions concerning project scope, direction, readiness, architecture, etc. They demonstrate ownership, accountability, and commitment to their projects.
We are looking for skilled, seasoned software professionals who are excited to learn and who have the experience to bring new ideas and practices to our team.
A QA Engineer 4 will execute the vision, direction, and discipline of Quality Assurance within the team by:
- Managing defect management systems and prioritizing defects accurately
- Driving the creation, maintenance and use of test case management tools and security testing tools within a project group, interpreting results and implementing changes
- Creating and communicating testing procedures and expectations related to metric reporting across multiple teams, leadership and stakeholders
- Implementing test procedure based on identified risks
- Driving the creation, maintenance and use of tools within a project group and implementing changes that support changes in system performance management
- Managing all aspects of quality assurance involvement in the release process, including expectations around reports, regression execution, communication, impact assessments etc.
- Assessing risk, identifying service and system dependencies, and testing for robustness and functionality
- Ensuring regression test plans are implemented and maintained
- Reviewing code from other QA and Dev Engineers
- Performing root cause analysis and providing feedback
- Determining creative, innovative, and cost-effective ways to meet requirements and deliverables
- Working as an effective team member, producing the best out of each engineer through example
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Proven Experience in developing and testing enterprise level applications strongly preferred
- Demonstrated team leadership and expertise with major products
- Experience testing cloud based applications in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery in a service oriented architecture preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Track record of isolating difficult issues at the subsystem or project level
- Experience with the full product release cycle on multiple successful software projects
- Verifiable knowledge of the applicable technical systems and functions
- Experience in testing products in an Agile development life cycle
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com.