QA Engineer 4
12-24 month contract
The Quality Assurance Engineer 4 is responsible for testing products, applications and solutions, and reviews progress with management. This individual conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Typically, they provide the leadership for the other quality assurance engineers supporting the product. They understand and communicate the non-functional requirements which are necessary for successful product operation. This role consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. This individual also makes recommendations for new procedures and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Writes significant areas of test automation code.
- Manages defect management systems. Understands impacts of defects across multiple systems. Prioritizes defects accurately
- Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented, and all problems are solved using a Continuous Delivery model
- Drives the creation, maintenance and use of test case management tools and security testing tools within a project group, interprets results and implements changes. Provides the integrated reporting of automated test case run results.
- Creates and communicates testing procedures and expectations related to metric reporting across multiple teams, leadership and stakeholders. Implements test procedure based on identified risks
- Drives the creation, maintenance and use of tools within a project group and implements changes that support changes in system performance management
- Manages all aspects of quality assurance involvement in the release process, including expectations around reports, regression execution, communication, impact assessments etc.
- Assess risk, identify service and system dependencies, and test for robustness and functionality
- Ensure regression test plans are implemented and maintained
- Collaborate with multiple teams to test an Integrated Publishing System that consists of several key systems.
- Driving best practices for reducing risk and increasing quality for enterprise systems.
The candidate will be working on a new CMS(Content Management System) here at the Church. This system will be used for the majority of the Church's publishing processes. You will be a part of this project from the very beginning stages of implementation and will help contribute significantly to how the quality of the system will be verified.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Proven Experience in developing and testing enterprise level applications strongly preferred
- Demonstrated team leadership and expertise with major products
- Experience testing cloud based applications in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery in a service oriented architecture preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Track record of isolating difficult issues at the subsystem or project level
- Experience with the full product release cycle on multiple successful software projects
- Verifiable knowledge of the applicable technical systems and functions
- Experience in testing products in an Agile development life cycle
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
- Experience testing Java based platform
- Experience in delivering publishing systems is a plus.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com.