QA Engineer 5
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that is responsible for testing products, applications and solutions, and reviews progress with management. This individual conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. This position sets clear direction for overall quality and drives efforts in accordance with organizational objects. This position also works with the organization's development architects to ensure that quality and testability are built into all systems. They understand and communicate the non-functional requirements which are necessary for successful product operation. This position is integral in ensuring the testing strategies and automation are effective in a continuous delivery model. This position regularly assesses and reports organization level risks and testing vulnerabilities while recommending quality solutions. Effectively, this position sets the standard for quality and helps the organization achieve that standard. This role consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Provide guidance and expertise in implementing effective test technologies and quality strategies to the organization's engineers
- May oversee the QA needs of development teams with a hands-on approach
- Build and maintain relationships with Development and Product Management to ensure that the organizational QA needs are being considered and met
- Stay current with relevant industry quality practices, technologies, and strategies
- Keep abreast with the organization's software architecture, customer requirements, and software development practices
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of our testing technologies and practices
- Actively pursue and promote effective training for QA Engineers
- Ensure that our systems and solutions maintain the highest levels of availability and data integrity
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience; Master's preferred
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com