At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI is looking for a QA Engineer to help work through the ever-changing QA requirements of an evolving company. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing test scripts, database validation testing, software and web testing. Participates in all phases of a project, from business requirements review, design (development), to final system testing and release readiness testing. Must be a self-starter, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail. Displays the ability to work with quality tools, methods and techniques as applicable to Information Technology. Ensures software is tested thoroughly and free of any defects before migrated to Production. Sets up test environments, and plans and executes tests. Supports the objectives and goals of the QA Manager through all phases of SDLC and TLC by developing time estimates, performing requirements analysis, authorizing test scripts, creating test data, executing tests, provide testing matrix and identifying opportunities for process improvement across the Business.
- Build and maintain automation library, and test hooks
- Identify and build automation test in sprint (UI, Integration, Load, and Bench Marking)
- Review automated test results identify code bugs vs test bugs
- Automate customer reported bugs to prevent regressions
- Create Manual test plans
- Conduct test case and code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Strong systems development and project lifecycle execution skills are required including process design, project planning and execution, production support testing skills and the ability to manage large scale change programs.
- Experience/Understanding of CI/CD Pipeline - DevOps, Agile, Digital and Data Testing, Test data management, Test Environment Management.
- Experience leading system implementations in a QA role.
- Experience with testing automation tools, e.g., HP Quality Center, Selenium and process improvement frameworks, e.g., Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMi) are a plus.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in software testing.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices.
- Experience writing test automation
- Experience testing in an Agile environment
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft, Linux or UNIX operating system.
- 2-4 years writing manual test scripts and migrating the scripts to automation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to be a collaborative team member in a testing effort for complex and medium size projects.
- Working experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, BASH, C.
- Familiar with standard business and testing software (MS Office, Jira TestFLO, Zephyr, etc.)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.