Automation Test Engineer Selenium (Secret Clearance) 115k
Our client located in Washington, DC is looking for an Automation Test Engineer that:
Works with developers, project managers, developers, architects, and various analysts tracking errors through to resolution (including validation with customers) and escalates issues when appropriate. Works closely with architects, engineers, developers, analyst, and business teams to correctly interpret nonfunctional and business requirements. Participates in review of requirements documents, system concept, functional, and technical design documents to appropriately plan, design and execute on performance engineering activities. Develops and implements quality standards, processes and procedures based on the SLDC. Works with development management team and project managers on resource and schedule issues. Evaluates production readiness of enterprise releases, project delivery by validating and documenting the completion of testing and development. Provides comprehensive reporting of engineering and testing progress and defects to provide visibility to project team. Pro-actively monitors production activity and recommends and implement solutions to optimize performance of BSC systems and applications.
- Contribute to development of test plan, scripts and scenarios for performance testing project/domain.
- Builds performance scripts for testing scenarios.
- Executes test scripts, monitoring active tests and report results.
- Participate in defect management-root cause analysis using standard guidelines.
- Perform follow up (retesting etc.) on defects as assigned.
- Modifies small and/or well-defined programming tasks.
- Debugs own code with limited support
- Responsible for making minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems.
- Identifies, defines and addresses problems that are not immediately evident, but typically not complex. Problems are typically within the immediate performance engineering domain. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or standard procedures and basic analysis.
- Works to achieve operational targets within performance engineering which has some impact on the overall achievement of results for the performance management.
- Communicates with contacts typically within the performance management, development, and functional QA, Project managers on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation to reach agreement.
- Requires broad theoretical performance management typically obtained through advanced education.
- Must exhibit strong performance engineering skills and ability to methodically drill down into results and complete deep dive analysis.
- Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Identify and develop relationships with key individuals and groups
- Understand functional content of assigned release/projects and the potential performance impacts
- Understand and validate performance test objectives
- Maintain a working knowledge of test environment logical and physical software and hardware architectures
- Analyze performance test results
- Investigate and troubleshoot performance problems in the performance testing environments
- Monitor and gather the performance statistics during the test execution
- Create performance documents and artifacts: (test plans, test designs, test use cases, Test Summaries) and present testing summary reports
- Collaborate with performance testing leads, managers, and test members to identify and automate performance tests for specified applications
- Participate in the creation and review of performance testing plans, partitioning, test designs and test automation code
- Develop test scenarios to properly load / stress the system in a lab environment and monitor / debug performance & stability problems. This would require monitoring and debugging technical components including key resources, performance indicators and logs
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in a test automation development role with demonstrable experience creating, enhancing, and executing automated test scripts using Selenium
- 3+ years of experience in implementation of modern test frameworks in SQL and Selenium WebDriver
- Proficient experience with a BDD tool such as Serenity or Cucumber
- 2 years of experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
For immediate consideration please send a copy of your resume directly to the recruiter, Kareem Epps, at email@example.com