Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Bedford, MA
Reports to: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Job Summary: Works on situations of moderate scope where direct supervision is typically not available. Performs tests and evaluations on data storage products summarizing and analyzing test results using appropriate techniques. Works alongside personnel from other areas. Involved in training production and QA personnel and setting up test & inspection procedures for manufacturing personnel to follow.
- Perform complex tests and inspections on tape and other data storage products as directed by QA Manager. Tests include running automated and manual test equipment and interpreting results.
- Analysis of QA test data and presentation of results using a variety of graphical techniques. Utilization of quality data from databases using database queries.
- Work closely with production and QA technicians to provide training on test and analysis methods and interpretation of results.
- Development of basic test systems, test methods, data collection, and analysis systems. Including writing macros and simple computer programs.
- Defect analysis using visual inspection, optical microscope and specialized electrical test equipment.
- Calibration of test equipment using defined calibration procedures.
- Ensures that all systems and procedures are maintained to the requirements of the business and ISO9001 as a member of the Quality System audit team.
- Interfaces with raw material suppliers to assure the quality of product components. Works with supplier’s quality personnel and Supply Chain to address specific component quality problems and improvements.
- Understand, maintain and perform work according to quality, health, safety and environmental standards.
- Perform other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some work required to be performed within clean room.
- While performing the responsibilities of this role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, kneel or bend. Vision abilities required for this job include close vision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering discipline.
- 2-4 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- High level of computer competency.
Competencies are an integral part of FRMU’s culture. Competencies are customized by level and include the knowledge, skills and abilities it takes to be effective in one’s position and in the organization. The established competencies are used as a framework to help focus employees' behavior on things that matter most to our organization and help drive success for both the employee and the company. They provide a common way to harmonize, select and develop our people.