About the role
Zillow Group is looking for a Software Test Engineer who is passionate, strategic, data-driven, and comfortable adapting to changing directions to help drive the delivery of great products. You would be capable of solving complex problems and has a strong will to get things done. You will take on the functional QA responsibility working with our automation QA, development and Program/Product management on a highly confidential product that's crucial to Zillow Group's success in 2018. As our primary functional QA engineer you will be help deliver high quality to our users. This includes the chance to:
- Own and participate in end to end feature testing and test strategies
- Become an expert in each feature area with solid knowledge of interrelated services.
- Collaborate on efficient, timely and effective testing with guidance from developers, program managers, business owners, and operations.
- Provide daily updates to related teams on progress against the timelines and goals, advancing schedule risks as needed.
- Participate in daily Agile / Scrum stand up meetings.
- Create and manage test plans which may include timelines, estimating, prioritization, ticketing, and shared resources scheduling.
- Be responsible for the quality of live code and drive hotfix releases to correct it.
About the team
Our team’s mission is to build the next generation of software to help propel our business to the next level of growth. We work across many lines of business by providing applications and automation that help them engage with our Premier Agent audience. We’re always looking for ways to improve our processes and move more quickly while ensuring our end-users get the best experience. Join us!
Who you are
- You have earned a BS in Computer Science OR have 3+ years relevant work experience highly recommended
- Impressive creativity in generating test cases/plans with committed focus executing them
- You have a strong ability to build test plans and run test cases manually and executing our automation
- Your background is strong with testing experience (especially Internet/web-related applications)
- Knowledge of Internet/Web technologies, such as web browsers, HTTP, HTML, and SQL
- Your have a SQL background and are able to pull data together for debugging and verifying components are working as expected
- If you have knowledge with a scripting language (JS), that is a nice plus
- You thrive in dynamic Agile / Scrum release cycles
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.