MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
Spectra-Physics is looking for an experienced QA Inspector to join its dynamic and fast-paced Operations group to:
- Perform product inspection and/or audits of quality control programs
- Perform packaging line and manufacturing inspections, sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials
- Ensure raw materials, in-process and finished products meet customer requirements
- Access/monitor inspection procedures and processes to ensure tests performed are done according to item specifications, protocols and standard test methods and inform how they can be improved in the future
- Work from written procedures, drawings, sketches and specifications
- Generate Engineering Change Requests to correct drawing issues noted during inspection
- 3-5 years of applicable experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices and quality concepts and terminology such as ISO 9000
- Experience operating precision coordinates measurement machine (CMM’s) is required
- Strong knowledge/application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of inspection tools, micrometers, drop indicator, height gauge, etc
- Good to proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel. SAP a plus
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
For positions requiring access to export-controlled technical data, or that are located at facilities where export-controlled technical data is present, MKS Instruments, Inc., may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. government. As such, applicants for this position—except U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, and protected persons as defined in 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)—may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.