Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a QA Manager for a 3 month contract to hire opportunity with our client in Brentwood, TN!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Our client is looking to bring in a QA manager within the development side of their department. Candidate will be responsible for managing a team of 10 in an Agile Methodology environment.
- Understand how to support, train, facilitate and consult other QAs and other team members and to ensure QA best practices are established in Agile environment.
- Personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers
- Encouraged developers to test their own code and to write sufficient and effective unit tests to ensure new code has no obvious errors and to get notified quickly as soon as something is broken.
- Experience as a tester to be able to provide advice on challenging situations.
- Understand how testing fits in an agile project.
- Facilitation of internal team communication across many agile projects.
- Being an escalation point for testers
- Forecasting for testing
- Be an advocate of QA throughout the organization
- Providing technical expertise, e.g. proper use of test techniques
- Ensuring the teams (Scrum Teams) implement and follow best practices to prevent defects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with QA
- Minimum 1 year mentor experience
- Minimum 2 years working in Agile environment
- Experience working as a tester
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with testing tool suites
- Experience testing in an agile development environment
- Preferred Experience:
- 6-10 years of complex application integration / Software QA experience.
- Performance Testing Experience
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with multiple development methodologies, e.g., Scrum, XP, waterfall
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate implementation of software against functional and technical requirements
- Thorough and detailed understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Familiar with GUI applications and client server environments
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.