QA/ QC Inspector, Reno Nevada�
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
The QA/QC Inspector plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties. The QA/QC Inspector will represent ACCO and its subcontractors for pipe and equipment installation, welding inspection and oversight of subcontractor installation and quality. The QA/QC Inspector will participate in the General Contractors project quality program documenting installation activities.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?�
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Other duties may be assigned by the management team.
Secondary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager or Executive Team.���������������������������������
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?�
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.� Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.� Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- ICC Certifications
- American Welding society certified welding inspector
- MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience and ability to read reports
- Google Email & Google Documents
- Regular & routine attendance.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.