Apex Systems is now hiring a Lead QA Tester in the Richmond area! If interested, please send resume to Jessie Gvozdas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead QA Tester with expertise in Healthcare Testing with Strong Technical knowledge in HealthCare ecosystem. SME with experience in cloud migration.
Our client is a reputable local organization who provides data integrity solutions within the Healthcare industry. They offer exposure to the latest technologies and great opportunities for growth. As one of our top clients, Apex has placed over 50 candidates there! Their environment is highly collaborative and very fast paced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Knowledge on basic Database objects and relational data model
- Experience on SQL query and script
- Testing experience with different file types
- Test automation experience is huge plus
- Data profiling is plus
- Experience on test data preparation/sampling
- Writing basic SQLs to check record counts, data truncation, invalid datatypes, NULLs and data integrity
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Interface with diverse levels of internal and external personnel to develop and maintain effective rapport and to resolve issues and inquiries.
- Administer and adhere to Corporate and departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
- Involved in the design of product and project requirements / user stories
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Identify test approaches, coverage, requirement gaps and risks and risk remediation
- Ensures quality measures are included in the initial project design.
- Writes detailed test strategies and plans, making full use of different test estimation techniques in
assessing best balance of coverage and efficiency for a project or sprint
- Contributes directly to estimation efforts.
- Writes detailed test scripts to functionally and regression test the functionality of the proposed system and supported applications.
- Performs risk analysis on the various components of the system to determine how to derive testing regression most effectively.
- Ensures requirements traceability and identifies areas for improvement.
- Preparation and management of complex test environments and test data conditions.
- Focuses on solution oriented approach and identifies complete regression testing needs involving
multiple parts of a product and system.
- Manages the validation test phase including executing scripts, logging and tracking
problems found, and regression testing any changes made to the system.
- Able to design and manage automated test approach for tests and ensure that manual tests are
automated using suitable tools and framework for the product.
- Reviews and approves and executes the Integration Test Plan and Procedures
- Validates the completion of Integrated Testing. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems and suggest functional solutions..
- Develops, executes and analyzes the output from scripts that capture application and platform quality
- Troubleshoots errors found in the test environment with minimal help from Development teams.
- Configures complex software solutions by following user guides and manuals instead of waiting to get helped by experts.
- Analyzes and logs defects functionally and technically before assigning them to Development teams
- Supports project managers and other stakeholders to complete projects/sprints within schedule, without compromising quality.
- Raises quality issues to right levels of management using established channels of escalation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experienced Healthcare Testing professional with Strong Technical knowledge in HealthCare ecosystem.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes.
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solutions.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Business process understanding.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
- 5+ years Quality Assurance and/or systems / regression testing experience is required.
- Understanding and experience with platform and operating system / SQL DB architecture.
- Experience in working with Test Management and Defect Management Tools.
- Test automation experience or expertise in any scripting languages would be required.
- Cloud Migration SME in one of the following verticals:
- Enrollment: Responsible for identifying test cases for all enrollment processes. Must be able to understand the Medicaid enrollment process end-to-end and all corresponding extracts, files, and documents. Will be responsible for identifying regression suites for all clients and waves.
- Claims: Responsible for identifying test cases for all Claims processes. Responsible for the creation of regression suites and end-to-end test suites for all clients and waves.
- Billing: Healthcare SME that understands all aspect of billing process for Medicaid. Billing Lead responsible for identifying test cases for all enrollment processes and regression suites for all clients and waves.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as software and design requirements; and operations, user, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables and involving multiple teams.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178