QA Specialist and Lab Lead
As the Quality Specialist & Lab Lead, the current role is to lead the Quality Assurance/Control, Sanitation, and Housekeeping departments by ensuring food safety and quality throughout the facility.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in Third Party & Regulatory (FDA, Kosher, Organic, California Dairy Board, Health Department, Silliker, GFSI, etc…) inspections and execute corrective actions.
- Oversee finished product microbiology program by holding and releasing products based on results and validate environmental monitoring program by conducting weekly swabbing of equipment.
- Plant walk-through inspections to enforce quality standards, food safety, GMPs, HACCP, SOP, SSOP, Allergen Control, Organic and Kosher Program compliance.
- Ensure quality and safe product by conducting raw material and in-process inspections and evaluating finished product.
- Reporting non-conformances observed in walk-throughs and initiate corrective actions and root cause analysis reports.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to Quality Technicians. As needed, fill in for technicians for line coverage.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to sanitation team. Ensuring cleaning procedures are being properly followed.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to housekeepers.
- Assess and manage product holds.
- Respond to customer requests (via email, phone, or on database/portal).
- Review and maintain all Food Safety/HACCP documents up to date.
- Attend daily management meetings and communicate any issues with regards to quality.
- Review and approve timesheets on Paycom for Brothers housekeepers and Quality team.
- Review and approve all invoices pertinent to the Quality department.
- Create purchase orders for supplies required by sanitation, housekeeping, and QA.
- Audit (review and sign off) Quality, Production, and Warehouse paperwork to ensure quality standards are adhered to.
- Read QA Shift Report and Sanitation Third Shift Report and follow up on issues as needed.
- Document, investigate, respond, and track/trend product complaints.
- Manage company training program.
- Review, sign, and scan Certificates of Analysis (COAs) received with product.
- Oversee Vendor Approval Documents (COA’s, product specifications, Kosher, and Organic Certifications); request updated documents and certificates from vendors as needed.
- Oversee Kosher (Kof-K) Certification program – obtain and upload up to date kosher certificates for all kosher products onto Kof-K database. Retrieve kosher certificates for customers as needed.
- Oversee Organic (Oregon Tilth) Certification – keep up to date certificates on file and prepare for yearly Organic Audit.
- Update, develop, and monitor SOPs and SSOPs to support the company’s quality system.
- Review artwork and label revisions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assist in new product development process by creating bench top samples; establishing nutritional facts for new product(s); working with customers to establish product expectations; providing production with outlined process plan for new product; providing final recipe components to purchasing; providing final recipe formulation to production.
- Update product formulas into new format.
- Create work orders for areas requiring maintenance.
- Dairy Experience required
Current working hours 5:30am – 2:30pm
59,595 - 85,835 /yearWhat is this?
Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist