We are seeking a QA Supervisor to monitor Quality Assurance systems and programs and ensure food product integrity and compliance with regulations and standards. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of fresh food quality, systems, processing, controls, packaging, and labeling. They will be responsible for developing good relationships with customers and regulatory representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the QA teamâ€™s daily operations of the HPP process.
- Adhere to fresh food concepts that meet objectives.
- Monitor, report, and fix raw material and processing issues.
- Enforce compliance with regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with the QA Manager and processing team to document product runs, results, timing, proper date codes, samples, and trials.
- Ensure quality standards and good business relations are maintained with customers and governing agency representatives (USDA and FDA).
- Develop and maintain good relations with all customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure food safety and quality.
- Verify texture, extended product shelf life, and packaging alternatives.
- Oversee the launch of new products or trials.
- Document consumer feedback.
- Conduct sensory and test panels.
- Implement procedures to maintain proper protocol.
- Prepare regular reports and KPIâ€™s.
- Apply understanding of raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Research current consumer markets.
- Train employees, customers and visitors on sanitation and food security standards.
- Plan and supervise team members to ensure business objectives are met.
- Interview, schedule, assign work, review performance, coordinate activities, approve time off, and coach QA and sanitation staff.
- Ensure procedures are monitored and documented by team members to comply with company and government requirements.
- 3 years of experience working in a fresh food and/or beverage environment.
- Previous experience in fresh/frozen food product development or food manufacturing.
- Degree in food studies or food technology, a plus!
- Previous experience working with regulatory agency representatives (USDA or FDA).
- Training or certification in HACCP, CCPâ€™s, BRC audits, and USDA requirements.
- Knowledge of fresh foods and common food and beverage characteristics.
- Knowledge about changing formulations or parameters to meet customer and business needs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
Powered by JazzHR