Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Quality Assurance Tech. - Inspection Planner - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, OH
Fulltime dayshift quality inspection planner for manufacturing facility.
- Creation, revision and approval of inspection plans for manufacturing routings, working closely with plant manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, and graphic design personnel.
- Creation, revision and approval of inspection plans for sublet manufacturing operations, working closely with plant manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, and production planning personnel.
- Creation, revision and approval of vendor inspection plans for purchased materials working closely with materials engineering, quality engineering and manufacturing engineering personnel.
- Verification of inspection plan completion for product acceptance through SAP transaction and documentation reviews.
- Training of technical personnel on inspection plan creation and maintenance.
- Participation on ISO internal quality audits and continuous improvement initiatives.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 2 year associates degree with 2-5 years related inspection/QA experience
- Background in dimensional inspection, geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) ASME Y14.5, or Integrated Quality Engineering (IQE) is required. Good organizational skills and attention to detail. Requires good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels.
- Background with MIL specifications and ASTM material requirements is preferred but not required.
- Experience or knowledge of non-destructive evaluation methods (NDE) is preferred but not required.
- Experience with SAP Quality Assurance modules including IQE and Master Inspection Characteristics is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Government Security Clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.