At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,650 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Quality Technical Specialist - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, OH
Quality Assurance Technical Specialist responsible for receiving inspection support of production manufacturing processes for dedicated product lines.
- Assist manufacturing engineering and shop personnel for resolution of product quality issues
- Assist in the development and implementation of inspection plans and repair plans
- Participate in internal audits to assure compliance to customer and internal requirements
- Shop floor surveillance activities
- Support of hourly inspection personnel and development of inspection technique documentation
- Leadership of process improvement activities
- Maintenance of quality assurance records
- Analysis of quality trending data
- Corrective Action resolution
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum Associate degree in engineering or technical field is required with at least two years' experience.
- Solid math/statistical skills and knowledgeable in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and print reading.
- Experience or knowledge of manufacturing processes including machining, welding, and assembly preferred but not required.
- Experience or knowledge of inspection techniques including dimensional inspection, NDE methods such as ultrasound, mag particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection and/or radiography preferred but not required.
- Experience with inventory a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain and DOE security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.