The communications manager is responsible for planning, creating and editing content for the Network Technology and Tech Experience team. Here are some of the key requirements:
- Strong writer – someone who can easily explain complex concepts and ideas to audiences that may not be in the weeds on technology.
- Strong project manager who can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The optimal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment, and can support internal and external campaigns through web, social and print.
- Familiarity with social media, SharePoint for internal purposes and other communications tools.
You have demonstrated an ability to work both independently and with a group, as part of a dynamic team of professionals. Must have strong writing capabilities and a strong collaborative personality that builds relationships easily.
An understanding of communications strategy and creative development process a plus.Essential Functions:
- Assist the Communications team with internal and external communications strategies, messages, tactics to engage employees and external audiences
- Responsible for writing and updating scripts, quarterly reports, blogs, weekly updates and customer facing material
- Contribute to video creation, slide decks, develop templates, talking points, FAQs and other materials on an as needed basis
- Identify and implement new and innovative communications ideas
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders across of a range of organizations and geographies
- Track and report content effectiveness
- Creating and updating content on internal SharePoint sites
- Ensures Accountability
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Plans and Prioritizes
- Decision Quality
This position is 25% onsite at the client site for deployments. There may be times that the QA Tester will be onsite 100%, due to project requirements. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 60lbs across the building and to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or political science – or equivalent schooling and experience, 2-3 years of experience
- Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- Comfortable executing under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and diplomacy skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse internal and external contacts
- Strong writing and editing skills with attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- 4-7 years of experience in a corporate communications, internal communications, public relations agency or public policy setting
- Excellent writing skills are a must, with the ability to present a clear point of view on complicated issues
- Familiarity of the telecommunications industry and 5G a plus
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.