At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Training Coordinator to join our Quality Assurance department who will be responsible for supporting the GxP training program. The position will be located at our Gaithersburg, MD facility and will report to the QA Training Manager. The Training group designs, develops, implements and facilitates GxP training along with ensuring compliance with applicable regulations through appropriate documentation, qualified trainers, and approved training content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide general support to senior staff
- Administer qualifications, curricula, employee learning plans, training items, catalogs, and trainer records in the Database/LMS
- Maintain and audit Database/LMS for correct versioning and component information, to include training materials, curricula, user groups and quizzes
- Primarily respond to all Database/LMS requests and all inquiries regarding training records/reports
- Maintain training materials library
- Provide reports for training metrics
- Administer entry and deactivation of all hired/terminated personnel in the Database/LMS
- Provide training and user support on the Database/LMS
- Market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information
- Deliver Training for routine (i.e. new hire training) and individual training
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience as a Training Professional
- Knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Experience in a GxP or other regulated industry preferred
- Understanding of Quality Systems
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Presentation / group facilitation skills
Additionally, we prefer candidates that have:
- The ability to communicate regularly with direct team and applies feedback including asking questions about assigned work and shows interest in learning & feedback while choosing appropriate communication methods
- The desire to approach work flexibly and with a positive attitude recognizing when priorities are changing and the need for their work to change
- The ability to reach established goals or targets for straightforward tasks on agreed-upon timelines earning the confidence of teammates
- The ability to produce high-quality tactical work as defined by prescribed specifications
- The ability to work on and help with tactical work as part of a team gaining an understanding of how the team operates
- The desire to beginning to devote time and effort to building relationships, looking for ways to return favors, and leveraging expertise and contacts to solve problems or gain knowledge
- This position may require periodic weekend/evening work
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Rockville, Maryland and Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.