Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Performs analyses of Clinical Chemistry, Critical Care, Coagulation and/or Microbiology controls and reagents using various automated and manual techniques in accordance with established Quality standards and GMP requirements
- Performs automated and manual assays as detailed in departmental/plant SOPs and QC Monographs including raw material, in-process and finished product.
- Interprets test results against specifications and decides if assays pass or fail.
- Maintains documentation of all work performed in accordance with GMP requirements.
- Evaluates product complaints upon Team Leader or Team Champion's request.
- Performs product stability, proficiency, environmental testing and water system testing.
- Responsible for routine preventive maintenance, general trouble shooting, general cleanliness and calibration of Lab equipment.
- Updates departmental SOP's and QC Monographs as directed by Team Leader or Senior QC Analyst. Performs microbial testing per SOP's and QC Monographs.
- Orders required laboratory supplies, reagents and other consumables.
- Monitors proper storage conditions and expiration dates.
- Disposes hazardous and biohazardous materials.
- Other duties as directed by Team Leader or Sr. QC Analyst.
- Maintains samples in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains statistical process control charts and other tracking reports
Budget managed (if applicable): N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities: Functional/technical skills
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Science or Medical Technology or equivalent required, plus 2 years clinical laboratory experience with a basic knowledge of quality control principles.
- This position requires the ability to lift and move materials per current OSHA standards.
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.