Under minimal supervision performs varied tasks associated with visual and dimensional inspection, from first article through final inspection, required in the fabrication and development of metallic and/or non-metallic components and assemblies, bonded parts and other miscellaneous accessories.
- Works from engineering drawings, general or written instructions, inspection check sheets, standard inspection directives and procedures.
- Performs in process, final inspection, and test operations to assure quality standards for metallic and/or non-metallic component quality of workmanship and functional performance.
- Checks metallic and/or non-metallic components or tooling dimensions such as; locations, concentricity's, parallelism, height, angles and squareness using precision measuring equipment such as; gages, calipers, scales, micrometers.
- May need to review production difficulties that are traceable to newly built or faulty tooling, vendor supplied material and manufacturing production procedures.
- Refers unusual or unacceptable conditions to Supervisor.
- Recommends changes in standards, techniques and procedures as warranted.
- Prioritizes own work.
- Mentors/provides guidance/assistance and training to junior QC Inspectors.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience and Qualifications
Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience to include direct and progressive experience in hands-on manufacturing and/or quality operation required. Ability to read and follow detailed work instructions required. Ability to work independently, using manufacturing sketches or engineering drawings desired. Ability to use simple measuring instruments such as tape measures, micrometers, scales, calipers and vernier gages required. May require ability to set up and operate CMM. Requires intermediate math skills involving decimals and fractions and its application to drawings, sketches and measuring instruments. Basic computer literacy is desired. Must be willing to work as a team player, as well as independently.
Mental and Physical Demands
Mental and Physical Demands
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Lift up to 50 pounds
Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
Good vision with correction
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR