Job Title: QC Laboratory Specialist
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for performing raw material, in-process, and finished goods testing using various analytical instrumentation (i.e. HPLC) and with supervision completes failure investigation.
Responsible for the following:
- Perform product and raw material testing of samples
- Preparation of reagents, standard solutions, equipment for use, etc.
- Recognize and communicate unexpected results in a timely manner and completed Out of Specification forms (OOS), Non-conformance Reports (NCR) and Incoming Rejection Forms (IRs) for nonconforming or rejected materials
- Write and revise standard operating procedures (SOPs) under supervisor’s direction, using Quality software to change, submit and review documents
- Participate in Investigations (complaints, failure, calibrations, equipment, etc.)
- Associates degree in biology, chemistry or related technical field required
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or related technical field preferred
- 4 year experience required with Associate’s degree in a regulated industry (i.e. FDA/ISO 13485).
- Or no experience with Bachelor’s degree in a regulated industry (i.e. FDA/ISO 13485).
Laboratory with exposure to chemicals
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Medical, Laboratory, Inspector, Instrumentation, Scientific, Healthcare, Science, Quality, Engineering