Job ID: 146009
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle APG Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Responsible for the material handling and preparation for routine testing and for maintenance of assigned laboratory equipment as well as testing products and raw materials as per ASTM to insure compliance and/or to develop new formulas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of materials and products for testing
- Sampling and reduction of samples
- Routine tests of raw materials, calculation of results and preparation of test reports
- Support manufacturing team in producing the highest quality products
- Test all products and raw materials and record results
- Calculate adjustments needed to correct the product if necessary
- Obtain product samples and communicate what will be produced
- Perform production material test throughout shift
- Perform product reject analysis
- Visit manufacturing sites to test machinery and report proposed process improvements
- Inspect all finished goods
- Know all ASTM standards that apply and ensure all products meet these standards
- Maintenance and housekeeping of assigned areas and equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent or comparable Vocational Training/Certification, other related experience
- Familiar with lab equipment
- Production experience
- Must have lab testing experience in a production plant
- Knowledge of ASTM standards for manufactured concrete products
- Knowledge of parts and basic assembly of a molds
- Knowledge of concrete product sizes, shapes, and colors
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals and directions
- Knowledge of electronics and programmable controllers
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- This position may require a standing position for an extensive amount of time
- Must have average/ordinary visual acuity
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs or up to 94lbs with assistance if needed
- Flexible work schedule
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.