PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The Camera QC Technician II is responsible for routine maintenance and quality control of TV, Film, and Broadcast Systems motion picture cameras and related equipment as a member of our local team. He/she will also assist in other departments in configuration and assembly of client orders.
- Clean and maintain equipment after check-in when returned; inspect new equipment upon delivery.
- Including but not limited to broadcast, PL mounted cameras, and accessories manufactured by ARRI, Sony, Canon, Panasonic, and others.
- Experience with camera taking optics a plus!
- Test all equipment when it comes into the warehouse, including new and returned
- Diagnose, log, and occasionally repair damaged items as
- Manage firmware versions for applicable devices
- Ensure all equipment QC deadlines are met in collaboration with our Operations and Prep staff
- Organize and store all tested equipment
- Work with our Asset Management System REV to log all engineering notes and work with our Prep and Ops teams.
- Ensure all equipment is in top cosmetic shape
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Team player! We are proud of our teams and working well in a team environment is a must.
- Work well under hard deadlines; ability to plan workflow accordingly
- Solid understanding of TV/Film and Broadcast Systems production equipment and functionality
- 3-5 years of camera rental house experience working with motion picture and related equipment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of and experience with broadcast and cinema cameras such as the full range of ARRI, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and other camera systems used in digital cinema.
- Candidate should also have familiarity with lenses used with this range of cameras as well as the accessories, power, and mounting systems that go along with these camera systems
- A good understanding of Video Color Space as well as Broadcast Systems integration concepts is desired
- Other operational duties as required.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a time-sensitive production environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.