*Current opening is for Winston Salem, NC
Quality Oil Company LLC owns and operates Quality Mart convenience stores throughout NC and southern VA. Quality Mart operates independent and Shell branded locations. Our team is dedicated to providing 100% customer satisfaction at all times. Each store is built around excellent, successful customer service, having fun, and working hard.
Responsibilities: Quality Mart Assistant Managers are responsible for providing the best overall service to all customers. This includes greeting all customers with a friendly and helpful attitude. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for monitoring the cash register, ringing up sales, requesting money for purchases, and giving back correct change. In addition to these Assistant Managers are required to stock and organize the store area, remove trash as necessary, ensure that the store is clean for customers, and ensure a clean and manageable work area. The Assistant Manager will assist the Manager in paperwork duties and will hold keys to the store that allow he/she to open and/or close the store.
- Be able to read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth grade level.
- Be able to speak and understand the English language, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
- Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eighth grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check the identification and process money orders.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons, soft drinks, beer, juice containers, etc. at least once per shift.
- Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 20 pounds and moving it to the fire area.
- Be able to tolerate exposures to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
- Be able to climb ladder to clean windows.
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
- Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store.
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 32 degrees up to 15 minutes at a time.
- Have the ability to perform repetitive work accurately