General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The Inside Machinist is responsible for:
- Set up and program editing and operation of CNC milling and turning centers
- Requires the verification of parts and parts configuration to plan requirements using various high tolerance precision measuring tools
- Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical detail and assembly drawings, including GD&T, weld- joint symbols, and NDT requirements
- Machining experience or training is required.
- Previous experience including setup, operating, with vertical and/or horizontal turning/lathes/mills preferred.
- Mazak experience a plus
- High school diploma/GED preferred, additional preference given for Vocational, Technical and Community Colleges or Apprentice programs
- Machine technology educational program preferred
- Strong mathematical skills (geometry, trigonometry)
- Individuals who have completed the Shipbuilding/Marine Advanced Manufacturing Institute (SAMI) program preferred
- Military/Navy experience preferred
- Applicant must apply for a DoD security clearance as a condition of employment
- Must possess strong mathematical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work all shifts
- Applicant must me a self-starter and will be required to work in a collaborative and team environment and meet organizational goals
- Applicant must be able to interpret technical manuals, shipyard procedures, test documents, blueprints, diagrams, and perform basic layout functions
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools
- Applicant must be present for all scheduled shifts and available to work all shifts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement