Join us to shape the future and tell the world’s stories.
Operating in over 80 countries, Ipsos is recognized as one of the most innovative research companies in the world. Due to business growth, we are looking for a Qualitative Market Research Director to join our West Coast Ipsos Understanding Unlimited (UU) Tech team. Ipsos UU is dedicated to using qualitative techniques to deliver strategic insights about people, society and culture. We focus on making sense of consumer needs and how people use technology, consume content and enjoy entertainment.
In this role, you will partner with a strong group of colleagues working with some of the largest and most successful tech companies. You will use your expertise to adapt a toolbox of innovative, well-integrated qualitative approaches to answer high value questions.
While we work hard, Ipsos is known for employee retention. Our staff enjoy many career opportunities, training and exposure to research questions that inspire our curiosity. We put our people and our clients first.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share your passion. Share our success. Be a Game Changer and join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
Qualitative Research Director, Client Service - Technology
As a Qualitative Research Director, you will be part of a client service team that services some of our organization’s largest and most sophisticated clients. These efforts will require the ability to understand client business needs, expertise in research design, persuasive proposal writing, and marketing of capabilities to new and acquired clients.
- Identify and build strong relationships with influencer/decision makers within client organization
- Consult with multiple client contacts to identify appropriate solutions to prioritize and meet client research needs
- Develop annual sales plan to show strong growth year over year and management of profit/pricing expectations
- Assess and proactively work with cross-functional leaders to address internal resourcing needs and capabilities to properly support growing business
- Prepare and manage project financials, including initial bid reviews, profitability against goals, and weekly / monthly / annual reporting on targets
- Work collaboratively across Ipsos divisions to provide integrated solutions to client
Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required with at least 8+ years’ experience working in the marketing, advertising agency, consulting, or marketing research industry from either the client or supplier side
- Reputation for delivering unmatched service to sophisticated clients
- Commercial and curious mindset with a high standard of performance
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and marketing acumen
- Global research expertise and international exposure
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to identify new opportunities
- Passion for consumer insights
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Behavior Science research and data integration is an asset
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative market research
- A working knowledge of quantitative market research is a plus
- Experienced in the use of PowerPoint and / or G-Suite to prepare presentations
What Makes Us Unique
We are qual specialists who love what we do and attract the best talent in the profession. We provide a dynamic environment that nurtures and enriches individual talents, and encourages initiative, innovation, change and risk-taking to further develop our business. We are enthusiastic, confident in what we do, and proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations, please submit a detailed resume that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking online to www.ipsos-na.com\careers
Ipsos is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.