Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Purpose of Position:
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the JJ Kane Systems. Tests systems functionality to ensure the system is meeting JJ Kane and corporate needs.
- Lead and participate in projects related to enhancements to the system, implementation of new modules, new functionality and upgrades
- Participate in Project Management meetings with user groups
- Advanced Support of users diagnosing and resolving issues related to Application Modules
- Write specifications and prepare detailed changes when enhancements are required to the Modules
- Test changes or enhancements made to Application Modules, including upgrades
- Log Service Request with Oracle or appropriate provider when issues cannot be resolved internal to Altec
- Attend Process Improvement events
- Prepare training and system documentation
- Remain highly adaptable - Due to the changing nature of priorities in supporting customers, this role requires high adaptability
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- All other duties as assigned
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of four years Quality Assurance industry experience
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance industry experience with a focus on developing quality programs and increasing quality.
- 2+ years of T-SQL experience along with working knowledge of data structures
- Automation scripting experience (Protractor, Selenium, Java or C#)
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience using Agile methodology for project delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of testing methodologies and application debugging from a technical and business perspective.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including requirements analysis and basic application architecture knowledge.
- Proficiency with web services testing tools to include (but not limited to) JMeter, SOAP UI etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.