Quality Assurance Director – Southern Ohio Manufacturing Company
We are a leading Southern Ohio Aerospace Manufacturing company currently seeking a Director of Quality Assurance. The Quality Assurance Director leads the development, preparation, management and execution of quality, compliance, and safety programs. This individual will oversee the efforts of the company’s Quality team and ensure the development of a quality culture throughout the organization. This important role is at the senior leadership level.
- Develop and implement Quality Control Programs that assure that customer and industry specifications are met. Experience with AS9100, ISO9100 and related aerospace specifications
- Direct the preparation and implementation of Quality Assurance procedures and processes, ensuring consistency and compliance across the entire organization.
- Direct the Quality Team in the execution of internal audits with associated follow-up of documentation and corrective action plans
- Direct the Quality Team in the preparation of First Article Approval packages.
- Interface with outside auditors to assure that they have access to required documents including interfacing with internal departments and sources for information and solutions. This includes work with industry and OEM auditors.
- Manage the non-conformance reporting process including running the meetings and processing required reports.
- Assure the adequate training of Quality Assurance Processes and Procedures is conducted throughout the organization.
- Conduct and/or arrange audits of individual internal departments for compliance to quality and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and update the Quality Manual as required by code changes including all relevant governing sanctions (AS/ISO Certification, OEM/customer approvals, National Board Authorizations, State and Local Licenses.
- Establish and regularly report KPIs related to Quality, Compliance, Safety, and associated measures and develops actions and corrective actions as required.
- Develop and maintain system for tracking and retrieval of pertinent customer specifications, drawings, etc.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree
- Five or more years’ experience managing Quality functions within a technical setting.
- Experience Working With AS/ISO requirements is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires strong skill in MSO suite of applications (Excel, Word, Power point, Visio, etc.) and other relevant software.
- A strong leader and team player.
We offer an excellent benefits package, incentive pay, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, energized, team-oriented environment.
Director of Quality Assurance