At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Documentation (QAD) Specialist IV to join our Quality Systems Department. The QAD Specialist IV will interact as needed with Supervisor and act as the group leader and schedule day to day tasks for junior employees related to maintenance and improvement of the QA Document Management System program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in and support quality audits (internal and external), troubleshooting efforts, and other Documentation System processes
- Coordinates resolution of nonconformances associated with the Documentation Management system
- Leads projects associated with major changes to the Documentation Management system
- Evaluates and presents solutions on complex issues (i.e., major deviations) with minimal input from senior staff
- Administrator of Document Management System (electronic and hard copy) including creating and revising procedures, control, issuance and reconciliation of Quality Management System documentation
- 6 years industry experience in Document Management role
- Advanced proficiency in Windows-based software and word processing experience
Additionally, we prefer candidates that have:
- The ability to clearly communicate within the team and occasionally beyond
- The desire to seek to learn about other areas and the dependencies
- The ability to present confidently
- The ability to strategize the new direction of his/her work when change is encountered or necessary
- The desire to help teammates with their own agility in a changing context
- Others' confidence in achieving deliverables that are complex, requiring interaction with other members of the immediate team and beyond
- The ability to produce high-quality work on complex problems with cross-functional involvement
- The ability to anticipate and proactively prevent risks and compromises to quality
- The ability to recognize inefficiencies in the team and offers improvements constructively.
- The ability to work across teams effectively
- The ability to frequently collaborate on larger items involving other areas
- The ability to contribute significantly to cross-functional work
- The ability to network with senior internal and external peers in own area of expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and ownership of issues
- The ability to mentor junior team members
- The desire to consistently develop networks that are diverse in level and function, identifies and initiates new relationships as well as creative alliances to accomplish business objectives, and inspires people with diverse needs to work together for mutual benefit
- This position may require periodic weekend/evening work
Novavax, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to delivering novel products to prevent a broad range of infectious diseases. Using innovative proprietary recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology, we produce vaccine candidates to efficiently and effectively respond to both known and emerging disease threats. Our vaccine candidates are genetically engineered three-dimensional nanostructures that incorporate recombinant proteins critical to disease pathogenesis.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Rockville, Maryland and Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.