Who we are:
Meridian, a WellCare Company, is part of a national network of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. As a part of the WellCare Family of companies, we deliver healthcare excellence to millions of members nationwide.
Our associates work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian associates enjoy an exceptional experience and culture including special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, and volunteer opportunities.
Day in the life of a Quality Assurance Engineer:
This position supports the Sr. QA Engineer in planning and executing the Quality Assurance testing of software application releases through automation and performance testing strategies. The QA Engineer is responsible for the development, maintenance and execution of automation and performance test scripts and test data mining and test data builds to support the QA Analysts at the direction of the Sr. QA Engineer and Manager of Release and Automation. The QA Engineer will be responsible for automation testing for all phases of testing including: QA Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), End-to-End Testing (E2E) and/or Regression Testing and will support the performance testing strategies defined by the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer and Manager of Release and Automation. This position is also responsible for documenting and reporting all test case results (including defects), and releases per approved plans in order to reduce production defects and help promote the long term stability of MHP’s IT infrastructure.Responsibilities
- Ability to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for SIT, E2E, and Regression testing for manual and automated testing
- Designs, develops and executes test plans/cases; debugs and troubleshoots; collaborates with other test resources on proper testing procedures and defect tracking to optimize while minimizing production defects where required
- Assists Senior QA Engineer with test data mining and test data build for QA Analysts
- Assists in the coordination of defect tracking, defect triage activities and issue resolution for all assigned projects.
- Coordinates with QA Team Leads and on project test planning and test execution schedule for automated testing
- Performs QA status reporting to the QA Team Lead
- Ensures that all system tests are successfully completed, documented and potential issues are resolved prior to production releases
- Assists the Sr. QA Engineer and QA Team Lead in test tool assessments, implementation of test framework and training of QA office staff
- Supports all quality initiatives that are implemented during each phase of the system development life cycle.
- Initiates risk management and escalation when necessary.
- Assists in the development of quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field is required
- Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience working in an IT organization
- Minimum 3 years testing of distributed and web applications
- Minimum 3 years manual test plan and test case creation
- Minimum 3 years development of test programs and scripts
- Minimum 3 years working under SDLC methodologies such as Agile, RUP, Waterfall, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of test automation experience
- Minimum 3 years using formal testing tools (ALM, QTP, Load Runner, etc.) is required
- Two to three years using SQL Query Tools (Toad, SQL Enterprise, etc.) required
- CSTE Certification preferred
- Health Care experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira, QC, TestTrack, etc.)
- Demonstrated success as a self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Basic programming knowledge
- Ability to focus on multiple deliverables in a deadline-driven environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to learn and quickly adapt to changing requirements
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time Meridian employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
Equal Opportunity Employer