Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Akimeka LLC has an opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer located in Falls Church, VA.
The QA engineer will monitor, analyze, report and test software from requirements analysis through to the deployment process, participating in the entire Software Development Lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned)
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Oversee the development of automated testing capabilities
- Experience testing web-based applications, web services and stand along Java applications
- Coordinate the quality assurance workflow from development to deployment
- Lead the quality assurance team in cross-functional scrum teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree or greater in Information Technology related area
- Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Obtain Security+ certification w/in 6 months of employment
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with data integration testing tools
- Experience with load testing tools for web servers, web services and integration applications
- Experience with Agile development processes – Leading SAFe certification a plus
Clearance: Secret Clearance Required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Employee will occasionally need to lift or move equipment weighing up to 15 pounds. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Hearing and speaking to exchange information. Seeing to view computer monitor. Sitting for extended periods of time.
Work environment: Professional office environment: temperature controlled office building, low noise level, standard office lighting.
Akimeka is proud to be an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer.