Overview: Under the supervision of the Director of Quality, incumbent will perform essential Job Functions that include, but are not limited to: plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards and document control. May perform inspections and set quality assurance models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products. May oversee employee training, communication, and reward system. This position includes those with responsibility for coordinating ISO-9001 and AS-9100 certification requirements. Co-worker will assist in good housekeeping of all areas of the department and follow all requirements from the Co-worker handbook.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, computer, electrical, or mechanical.
- Conducts internal and external audits and develops procedures for following up on findings and observations.
- Document control and organization.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Reviews contract for adherence to standards and compliance.
- Establishes program to evaluate analytical testing, equipment, facilities, precision measurements, accuracy measurements, and performance testing.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and develops methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Performs final package review.
- Implements and monitors the corrective action program.
- Conducts MRBs in a timely fashion.
- Conducts source inspections in a timely fashion.
- Conducts SPC/in-process inspections on a daily basis.
- Produces Quality manual revisions on as-needed basis.
- Writes procedures and work instructions.
- Conducts 2nd party audits.
- Responds to customer survey results.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring, testing, and tabulating data concerning quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training session on quality control activities.
- Coordinates the maintenance of documents, corrective/preventive actions, and internal audits within various departments.
- Applies advanced experience and knowledge with procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to record statistical data, analyze data, and write summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
- Resolves routine and semi-complex questions and problems; usually elevates unusual problems to supervisor/or top QC person.
- Recommends modifications to existing standards, methods, and procedures or suggest new standards, methods, and procedures.
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning, and checking the work of lower-level employees.
- Employee will perform additional duties as assigned.
- Specializing in the areas of quality control engineering, such as statistical process control; product evaluation, systems performance, hardware performance and product reliability.
- Must have participated in an ISO 9001 or AS9100 process.
- Must have experience in CMM inspection.
- Bachelor’s degree desired in a related field.
- Training in internal and external auditing preferred.
- NADCAP Certification desirable.
- Works in an environmentally controlled environment (mostly).
- Main work site is split equally between an office environment and a production/manufacturing area.
- Will not be required to lift more than 35 lbs at any given time.