Cargill Protein Group
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from food service operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Protein Group
Cargill Protein Group is a business committed to serving a broad range of retail, food service, deli, club store and branded food customers. We are focused on the success of our own national brands as well as the brands of our customers. We utilize state-of-the-art turkey, beef, and chicken processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers.
This position will monitor in-plant production, conduct tests for FSQR programs, net/weight monitoring using statistical methods, train employees to follow company procedures and USDA regulations, monitor TQC, SSOP and HACCP Programs, perform facility audits and special projects as requested by Supervisor.
40% Ensure food safety quidelines are followed at all times
40% Ensure compliance with regulations and specifications of incoming raw materials and outgoing product
throughput all processes
10% Enforce and audit Good Hygiene Practices
5% Evaluate and verify production practices that ensure quality products
5% All other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalency required
• Must have good math skills
• Must be able to read and write English fluently
• Strong computer skills/knowledge
• Knowledge of production processes helpful
• Must be a self-starter and have good communication skills
• Accuracy, precision, and dependability are a necessity
• Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
• Excellent attendance and safety records required
• Must be willing to cross-train to work in other areas of FSQR coverage
• Must be able to work in cold/damp and hot/humid environments
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must work well alone or as a team player
• Associate or Bachelor degree
• Previous experience in food / meat plant environment
• HACCP training
• Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel