Teledyne e2v partners to improve, save, & protect lives. As a global manufacturer that designs, develops and manufactures technology systems and components, our innovations lead developments in healthcare, life sciences, space, transportation, defense and security and industrial markets.
As a result of our track record of innovation and technological breakthroughs, e2v continues to be involved in many high-profile ground-breaking programs, including:
- Airbus A380
- Boeing 757, 767, 747, 777, and 787
- Many NASA and European Space Agency missions such as the Hubble Space Telescope upgrade project
- US Patriot air and missile defense system
- Eurofighter Typhoon
Teledyne e2v is made up of around 100 team members located in our Milpitas, CA, Richardson, TX, and Lewisburg, TN offices as well as remote work spaces. We have a diverse team with a culture that values employee feedback and innovation. We strive to create a satisfying and collaborative work environment for our team members, where many have been with us for over 10 years. Our team members are thoughtful, approachable and make you feel like part of the family.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
We are currently searching for an experienced and highly analytical Quality Inspector to join our quality department. As a Quality Inspector, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company to guarantee that all our products meet quality expectations.
The chosen candidate will perform regular material evaluations, record inspection results, and maintain accuracy within this function. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical and math abilities.
Performs QA Inspection Activities on Semiconductor Integrated Circuits, verification of compliance to internal, customer and military specifications. Receiving all incoming materials, purchase orders, freight, miscellaneous shipments including hazardous material handling.
Specific Job Functions include but are not limited to the following QA Functions:
- Incoming & Receiving Inspection
- Final Product Inspection
- Assembly Kit Inspection
- DN Initiation & Maintenance
- ESD / Product Audits
- Data Entry
- Classified Material Processing
- Support Internal Audits
- Maintenance of Records
- Ability to record mechanical drawings measurements
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some experience in semiconductor quality control methods and be able to read product drawings.
- Be able to work and communicate effectively across the organization with department leaders, engineers and manufacturing employees.
- Be able to work independently and ensure accuracy when performing daily tasks assigned.
- Have excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have general computer software knowledge, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office applications and the use of Adobe PDF. Strong use of Microsoft Access a plus
- Identify non-conformities to initiate discrepancy notices and work effectively with the team to close out the issues.
- Applicant should have analytical skills to develop and analyze product specifications.
- Ability to conduct visual inspection and measurement tests with keen attention to detail.
- Work towards and in-depth knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- General knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing Processes including a working knowledge on Mil-PRF-38535/38534 and MIL-STD-883 Test Methods.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Applicant must have exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills and it is preferable to have these qualifications for a minimum of two+ years:
- ESD Control