Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
The Quality Assurance Lead will be responsible for providing direction and leadership for the Quality Assurance (QA) practice in the Information Services department. They will work with development and functional resources to identify opportunities for test automation and traditional testing. Major responsibilities include:
- Drive continuous improvement of the QA process
- Provide leadership for multiple QA resources across various Scrum teams
- Work with DevOps team to integrate automated testing into CI/CD pipeline
- Train QA resources on best practices and tools
- Perform software testing
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 6 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with automated testing tools and strategies
- Experience leading a group of QA resources
- Experience with defining and institutionalizing QA best practices
- Experience in software test execution
- Demonstrated Project Manager experience by successfully leading and concluding a software implementation or upgrade required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.