quality assurance manager - Chicago, IL190003615Starbucks
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading the identification, development and improvement of QA systems needed to ensure the availability of safe, wholesome, premium quality products for our customers globally. Is a senior subject matter expert in the areas of product safety and systems to control product safety risks. Speaks with authority, and to influences within and outside the company. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Contributes expert perspective to support development of Global QA strategy. Leads the identification and development of systems and programs to implement strategy and monitors performance of the QA system in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes to development of department mission, annual priorities and operating budget.
- Determines and manages appropriate mitigation steps and solutions to resolve potentially serious product safety or quality issues.
- Influences direction of cross functional teams as the Quality, Product Safety and Regulatory expert in the development and commercialization of new food, beverage and merchandise items or major new retail level programs.
- Interfaces with outside experts and organizations to keep Starbucks Coffee Company up to date in Quality Assurance strategy, techniques and best practices.
- Leads evaluation and development of programs to drive improvements for new and existing suppliers. Influences SCO in selection of and termination of poor performing suppliers.
- Leads the identification and definition of QA metrics capable of tracking Quality System performance.
- Leads the troubleshooting of complex, broad scale quality, product safety and regulatory issues arising from retail stores, Regulators and customers. Identifies the root cause, required corrective actions and assures effective resolution.
- Leverages expertise to represents Starbucks in explaining and defending Food Safety Programs and Practices with Regulators.
- Mentors and trains more junior QA team members in knowledge of Starbucks Quality System and advanced problem solving.
- Plans, develops and leads QA program improvements. Leads projects to develop new and improve existing Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Represents QA perspective to innovation efforts in categories new to Starbucks.
Summary of Experience
- Progressive experience designing, developing and managing quality assurance programs in manufacturing or foodservice industries5 years
- Significant experience in food technology, food science and food safety 5 years
- Significant experience in product safety risk assessment5 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of food technology, food microbiology, safe food handling procedures and foodservice sanitation practices.
- Thorough understanding of Quality Assurance principles and systems including: auditing, HACCP, ISO 2000, ISO 22000, SQF, Good Manufacturing Practices, dairy regulations applicable food codes for foodservice operations.
- Ability to become HACCP, Seafood HACCP and PCQI certified.
-Ability to lead root cause analysis and plan corrective actions.
- Ability to analyze disparate information and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and influence outcomes based on facts and judgments.
- Ability to apply sound technical and business perspective to problem solving and project management.
- Ability to make recommendations that may be unpopular
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence senior leadership
- Ability to train, mentor and motivate other partners
- Ability to leverage knowledge and expertise to represent Starbucks with outside entities
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.false