You know our products, you have probably purchased many!! Join the company leading the way in consumer packaged goods…T. Marzetti Company!!
When you join the T. Marzetti Company, you’re joining a trustworthy and proud organization that recognizes people are our greatest asset. In our plants, you’ll have an opportunity to work for an industry leader in consumer packaged goods.
With our company, you get work life balance, inviting and fun culture, attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, career opportunities, and more. NOW is the time to join The Better Food Company!!
T. Marzetti Company is looking for someone to lead the plant in assessing food quality and safety and other initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. As a key member of the plant management team, assists the plant manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to employees. Participates in/leads projects in conjunction with Corporate QA/food safety management.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements programs, policies, procedures, and work instructions for quality and food safety assessment and improvement.
- Makes recommendations and decisions involving food safety issues and quality issues having significant potential business impact to corporate and plant management.
- Hires, trains, and develops QA technicians.
- Coordinates plant quality and food safety audits (internal and third party). Works with plant manager to assign audit responsibilities to various members of the plant team.
- Resolves non-conformance issues/quality problems at plant facilities, warehouses, and in the market. Works with plant management team to develop corrective action plans and communicates plans to QA management, sales, marketing, and the customer as appropriate.
- Recommends and/or develops orientation and training programs for quality, food safety, GMP training. Assists members of the plant team in training as appropriate. Trains and instructs plant employees in recommended quality assurance testing and general housekeeping practices and advises on equipment sanitation; confirms these procedures are being maintained.
- Prepares monthly summary reports of key quality benchmarks including issues and progress.
- Serves as a key technical resource in plant and as a liaison between corporate R&D, Tech Services and plant operations.
- Advises plant on quality and food safety implications of changes in product, processing, or facility design.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
Directly supervises 4-6 QA techs. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints/grievances and resolving problems.
- BS or BA degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology or food science.
- Five plus years of experience as a quality assurance supervisor/manager in a food related industry.
- Must be able to lead projects/people, motivate associates and proactively anticipate and address issues.
Works in a laboratory and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, climb, crouch, lift, reach, grasp and bend while moving about the facility. Requires some lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment and product cases. Must be able to stand for an 8 – 10 hour shift (sometimes longer) with regular breaks while performing repetitive tasks. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee may be exposed to non-ambient temperatures, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment, and handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals. The noise level in the lab is moderate and loud in the plant. Ear protection, eye/face protection, hair/beard nets, steel-toed/slip-resistant shoes, and gloves are required as necessary in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.